Making Your Transaction Easier
The process of buying or selling a home can be overwhelming-in any real estate transaction, a buyer or seller must contend with a large number of moving parts with which they might be unfamiliar. Title insurance simply one of those moving parts.
At Bulldog Title, we have been providing various real estate services to clients for more than two decades, and over the course of those years we have gained a thorough knowledge of the challenges that homeowners and homebuyers face over the course of the transaction. If you are buying a home, call us today for a free consultation with an experienced real estate attorney who can help you prepare for the purchase of your home.
Here are some basic tips for those who are about to buy a home:
- Remember that you are not only buying a home: you are buying into a neighborhood. Choose accordingly. Make sure to address such factors as your commute, the quality of the school system, the crime rate, the proximity to stores and entertainment options, and the home’s position in relation to public transportation.
- Every American is entitled to one free credit report a year, issued by the government. Check that report for any unaddressed or incorrect issues or blemishes. You don’t want any surprises down the line, especially when shopping around for a mortgage.
- Have the home inspected and check the entire home from top to bottom so that any issues can be discovered and resolved. This includes ensuring that all the appliances are in good working order.
- Research the market thoroughly and keep abreast of the latest developments in the real estate industry. Knowledge is your most powerful ally as you begin the homebuying process.
- Notify your attorney immediately if you are planning to use a power of attorney, as this must be approved before closing.
- Loop your attorney into the process. Give your attorney a copy of the contract to ensure that everything is in order and that there are no gaps, inconsistencies, ambiguities, or unforeseen clauses. If the lender asks for payment of any outstanding bills before the closing, ask your attorney for guidance.
- Make sure that all the utilities are in order so that you can begin living normally in your new home as quickly as possible after moving in.
- The closing itself can be intimidating for homebuyers, especially if it is their first time purchasing a piece of real estate. In order to smooth the process, make sure that you have all the proper documentation and paperwork. If you are required to bring funds, make sure to have a cashier’s check for that amount. Bring identification, settlement and title insurance documents, proof of all relevant insurance, and the estimates of closing costs prepared by your attorney. Familiarize yourself with the process beforehand so that you know exactly what you are doing at the closing table.
Buying a home can be a complex process. Having the help of an attorney who is knowledgeable about real estate law and the issues surrounding the buying and selling process is an indispensible part of protecting yourself as you take this major step. At Bulldog Title, we offer free consultations to homebuyers wishing to learn more about the process. Call us today to speak to a knowledgeable real estate lawyer.
Call us today at
318-361-0061 to speak to a knowledgeable real estate lawyer!